Saturday

Grid prints

Experimenting at the same time as making the violins, I have discovered all sorts of ways of using lino, I began to compose three layered linno prints, where the under layer is the exact same size as the top, I used the dremel to create dotted texture and then made the first layer, with vein like structure running through the demel marks, I then rotated the print in another colour, this then gave me the idea to create blends of colour, and I rotated the print with another blend over the top, create double lines and the dots with two colours. I then imprinted a portrait lino on top, this gave the portrait a depth and an interest with the textures and intertwining layers.
It reminded me of music composition, of the way a piece of music works when there are notes that fit with each other, the way the violin bow and techniques of playing can add depth to a piece of music, they change the dynamic, they make it more interesting, when notes are layered together they can create harmonies, and I feel these small lino prints through the layers create interesting harmonies, the are a form of double stopping in terms of violin playing.
I began a huge task of creating a massive gird, I wanted to see how they would look on mass, taking over a wall, making your eyes buzz with the layers of colour and texture.



No comments:

Post a Comment