Saturday

Discussions about work

In tutorials with Sean and with David it was made clear to me that I should possibly not show the violins in my exhibition, that perhaps the prints were the print. That maybe I should not give everything away, that I should consider what and why I want to show different aspects of the process and the work.
But the more I thought about this the more I realised the violins were a huge part of the work the concept, and to me it was important to show them.
In one discussion Sean said to me why do you want to show the violins, you wouldn't show the lino of a lino print, and I said actually yes I would. I think the lino is sometimes even more interesting than the print itself, it shows the layers of work, the physicality of the maker, it is the process. The process is vital to what I want to convey, it is the same as the practice for an instrument, it is the way you learn and it can be shown as the work itself.
I experimented with hanging the violins, suspended.

No comments:

Post a Comment