Saturday

Studio B

Studio B invited anyone to enter a postcard size entry to an open exhibition in their gallery where the artists who work within the studio would also be showing their work. I decided to enter one of my prints, a lino, it was a nice project to work on, to make an image to exactly that size, having been working on such large scale it was nice to be constricted to something smaller for a this entry, I spend a long time planning again drawing in black pen making small sketches, in the end a reduced an image down to strong lines and found this worked the best.
It was interesting to see everyones different approaches to such a simple direction. It was a chance to meet other artists at the exhibition opening.

I think my lino prints are beginning to get more successful the more I work on them, this took many preliminary drawings to decide on how to reduce the face down, I think i could do far more reduction more in the style of Tony Bevan, but in keeping with my own style of high contrast with black and white.

I entered this print into the postcard exhibition at 'Studio B' so this is only 4x6 inches.










No comments:

Post a Comment