Thursday

Looking at artists

Recently I have spent a large amount of time looking at other artists both print makers and painters, I have found some amazing artists I had not looked at before, some of whom have strongly inspired me.
One of these artist is Tony Bevan, who currently has an exhibition at the portrait gallery in London, I will make a trip down over the Easter to go and see this exhibition. The way he reduces the face to lines and creates such striking pieces, this is a true skill, I would like to be able to capture this type of linear quality in my own dry point prints, some of his work is achieved through mono printing, I think this type of printing is far more direct. It links more with painting and especially drawing. I had a go at mono printing as soon as I saw these images, this will be another method of printing I would like to explore more.




No comments:

Post a Comment